Arbor Place, Inc. is looking to hire a part-time billing specialist to assist our growing business.
Associates or equivalent training and experience in medical billing procedures. Ability to stay organized and track accounts effectively. Excellent customer service skills. Experience with variety of office equipment including multi-line phones, copier, credit card machine, postage machine, and fax. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Medisoft, Excel, and Office Hours. Ability to work well in a team setting. Valid driver’s license. Must pass a Wisconsin Caregiver background check.
· Reviewing current clients’ accounts to check on services billed.
· Daily billing of outpatient, day treatment, and residential charges to commercial, medical assistance, self-pay, and county funded clients.
· Completing and obtaining prior authorizations from insurance companies to assist in payment of claims. Assisting counselors in clinical prior authorizations for medical assistance and insurance claims.
· Enter EOB (Explanation of Benefits) information including payments, denials, and requests for additional information.
· Correspondence with insurance companies regarding benefits.
· Addressing insurance denials.
· Estimate client’s share of services.
· Setting up new client accounts.
· Auditing and reconciling client accounts. Collections and payment agreements. Data entry and filing.
· Assisting Finance Manager with establishing and keeping current with insurance contracts (this includes keeping up with fee schedules, requirements of the insurance company, notifying the insurance company of changes in staff employment, keeping up with the counselors’ education and credentialing, state licensing and liability insurance).