You’re Invited to #BeTheDifference!
We are excited to invite you to #BeTheDifference and join a global network of Mental Health First Aiders through the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Certification training. Arbor Place, Inc. is offering this certification FREE of charge to persons who live or work in Dunn County.
Just as CPR helps you assist someone having a heart attack, MHFA equips you to support those experiencing a mental health or substance use-related challenge or crisis.
In the MHFA course, you will learn:
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental health and substance use challenges.
- Strategies for helping in both crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Where to turn for help.
If you are interested in attending, please email Kelly Peterson, Prevention Coordinator, at: [email protected]
Current class dates and times:
Monday and Tuesday, November 6th and 7th, 2023 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- The course will be held at Arbor Place Inc, 4076 Kothlow Avenue, Menomonie, WI 54751.
- You will be required to complete two hours of online course work prior to the in-person classes.
- Limited space so register early.
If you’d like more information, please visit: https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/
If preferred, this course could be offered in your place of business if there are at least five attendees.